Every company, big or small, needs some form of insurance. Yes, certain types may not be required or seem relevant to you, but one tiny mistake could leave your company in financial ruins. All because you didn’t want to shell out a few hundred bucks for coverage.
Bad things that could happen to your company:
- You could lose your stuff: theft or damage of buildings, personal property or equipment
- You could be sued: product or service causes damage or bodily harm to a customer
- You could make a mistake: professional error that causes emotional distress
Since every business is a bit of a snowflake, they all have their very own unique set of things that can go wrong. It’s important to know what your business values the most and will benefit from its coverage.
Basic Business insurance coverage can include the following and more:
- Property insurance: covers loss or damage to your stuff due to fire, storms and other causes
- General Liability: covers claims for injuries to other people
- Professional liability: covers your mistakes that cause physical or emotional injury
- Commercial auto: covers work vehicles and certain damage they do
- Cyber-crime insurance: covers the loss of customer’s sensitive data
- Employer insurance: covers Social Security, unemployment and workers’ compensation